This NSF-ATE project, led by Karen Pearson (PI) and Elaine Maldonado (Co-PI), has been designed to better prepare FIT graduates to meet new industry demands for the design, development, and manufacture of green and sustainable products such as textiles, toys, home products, cosmetics, and packaging. Through innovative curricula and creative pedagogies, faculty will motivate students at the college, eighty-five percent of whom are female, to persist in the study of science and improve their skills.
- ATE-NSF Principal Investigators’ Conference, Washington DC, October 2012: “Teaching Tomorrow’s Technicians today: Preparing America’s Future Workforce”
- W.O.W.: Women on Women Symposium
- EVENT: Student/Faculty Luncheon: Women in Design-Related Technologies
- EVENT: Student/Faculty Sustainability Roundtables
- Tech-FIT Project Assessment Report 2011